Certificate of Achievement
Community Healthcare Navigator
This certificate prepares students for a variety of entry level healthcare navigation employment opportunities. The nature of the work of a navigator will vary based on the organization and/or specialty area in which they are employed. Navigators work to raise awareness of and assist clients and others about access to and use of healthcare resources.
Graduates will be able to:
- Explain the core values, roles, and responsibilities of a Healthcare Navigator.
- Identify the socio-economic and cultural factors that impact human health and contribute to healthcare disparities.
- Apply ethical and legal principles to issues related to healthcare problems.
- Access information from appropriate sources relevant to contemporary healthcare issues and diseases.
- Maintain clear and accurate records relevant to agencies and the possible legal needs of the client.
- Facilitate communication among clients, family members, and healthcare agencies to ensure patient satisfaction and quality care.