Associate in Science
- Management Information Systems
This Option is for students who wish to continue their study of computer-based information systems in business at four-year institutions. It prepares them for specialization in Business Technology, Management, or other related business studies. Students are strongly encouraged to consult the Business Department faculty as early as possible to ensure choosing electives acceptable to transfer institutions. The Associate in Science degree is awarded at the completion of this program.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate general business knowledge (types of businesses, competition, business environment, business plans, SWOT, functions of management, marketing mix, financial statements, accounting cycle, bank reconciliation, legislation related to business, etc.)
- Develop a clear and well-organized written, verbal, or PowerPoint presentation.
- Demonstrate general information literacy skills for business research purposes.
- Demonstrate analytical skills necessary to solve business problems.
- Analyze a company’s financial position.
- Utilize productivity (application) software to organize information and to create charts or business reports.
- Apply computer technology to address business information system needs.