Associate in Science
- Hospitality Management
This Option is for students who wish to continue their study in the field of Hospitality at a four-year institution. For those courses that have options, students are strongly encouraged to consult the Business Department faculty as early as possible to ensure choosing courses acceptable to transfer institutions. Employment opportunities in hospitality are available upon completion of this program. The Associate in Science degree is awarded at the completion of this program.
- Demonstrate general business knowledge (types of businesses, competition, business environment, business plans, SWOT, functions
of management, marketing mix, financial statements, accounting cycle, bank reconciliation, legislation related to business, etc.).
- Develop a clear and
well-organized written, verbal, or PowerPoint presentation.
- Demonstrate general information literacy skills for business research purposes.
- Demonstrate analytical skills necessary to solve business problems.
- Analyze a company’s financial position.
- Describe the factors affecting the hospitality industry.