Associate in Science
This option is for those students who seek a concentration in the biological sciences and who plan to transfer to a four year institution. The curriculum is designed to provide a solid academic foundation for students who plan to attend a wide range of programs including medical, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, physician’s assistant or other health-related schools.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic laws and theories in genetics, adaptation, and evolution to explain the diversity of life from single to multicellular life forms.
- Explain the basic anatomy and physiology in plants, animals and microorganisms.
- Analyze experimental data in the biological disciplines.
- Perform scientific investigations utilizing laboratory equipment and instruments in a safe and effective manner.
- Write laboratory reports utilizing scientific terminology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical concerns within research and experimentation and science’s responsibility in today’s diverse societies to promote medical and environmental well-being.