Program Admission Requirements:
1. Apply to PCCC and meet admission criteria
2. College-level placement in English, Reading, and Mathematics
3. Students are admitted in the ASL-English interpreter Training Degree Program when they have satisfactory completed the following courses with a grade of "B" or higher.
(Please note the prerequisites and co-requisite of these courses above.)
4. Prior to enrolling in ASL 221 Interpreting Practicum, students must achieve college-level placement in English reading, writing, and Mathematics.
Transferring ASL Credits
1. Placement testing is required prior to transferring of ASL course credits to determine the appropriate level of language competency. Transfer students are required to meet with the Department Chair and/or Program Coordinator.
2. Transferred students with advanced standing must complete at least one-half of the credits required in the major at PCCC to be awarded a degree.
Curriculum Admission Requirements:
1. Minimum grade of “C” is required in all General Education courses.
2. A grade of “B” or higher is required in ASL 103, ASL 104, ASL 105, ASL 108, ASL 109, ASL 201, ASL 202. ITP students must earn a minimum of a B or higher in this course to complete graduation (B-, C+, C, D, or F, students must repeat the course again).
3. A grade of “B” or higher is required in all interpreting courses: ASL 203, ASL 205, ASL 210, ASL 215, ASL 218, ASL 221. ITP students must earn a minimum of a B or higher in this course to complete graduation (B-, C+, C, D, or F, students must repeat the course again).
4. Students are required to take a signing skill proficiency exam prior to taking courses ASL 210, ASL 215, ASL 218, and ASL 221. Achieve advanced level of proficiency or higher. Additional requirements - Refer to ASL ITP Student Handbook.