Associate in Fine Arts
The Associate in Fine Arts (AFA) in Studio Arts degree program is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution in order to pursue a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Visual Arts.
Students learning outcomes:
- Use basic materials, tools, and techniques in drawing, design, and color theory
- Demonstrates an understanding of visual forms and principles of design, as well as their aesthetic functions and applications
- Synthesize the use of basic tools, techniques, and creative and critical processes in their own work, from concept to finished product
- Analyze works of art verbally and/or writing based on an understanding of the visual analysis process
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the principal artists and artworks of the major movements and historical periods, as well as of non-Western cultures