This Career Certificate is intended for those students interested in working in the Hospitality Industry. This certificate provides the necessary skills and background to enter the Hospitality workforce. The students who earn this certificate will be able to seamlessly continue a degree in Hospitality Management.
Student learning outcomes:
- Explain the essential responsibilities for a Hotel's front of the house to include front desk, guest services and reservations.
- Identify management responsibilities involved in the housekeeping area
- Explain essentials in managing a restaurant
- Provide management essentials in operating an alcohol beverage station.
- Demonstrate sanitation & safety concepts (laws) to include food storage and food protection in preparation & serving.