Associate in Applied Science
This A.A.S. degree in Hospitality Management is intended for those students interested in securing an entry-level supervisory position in the hospitality industry. The degree includes courses that helps students to develop operational skills necessary in this field of business, while opening a door for a supervisory position.
Graduates will be able to:
- Explain the essential responsibilities for a hotel's front of the house to include front desk, guest services and reservations.
- Identify management responsibilities involved in the housekeeping area
- Explain essentials in managing a restaurant
- Provide management essentials in operating an alcohol beverage station
- Demonstrate sanitation and safety concepts (laws) to include food storage and food protection in preparation and serving
- Demonstrate general business knowledge (business plan, functions of management, marketing and financial statements)