The Career Certificate in Automotive Technology is a certificate for those students who wish to pursue a career as an automotive technician and wish to acquire courses that are also relevant to the A.A.S. degree in Automotive Technology. Students may elect to pursue specific National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification testing that compliments courses in this career certificate.
Graduates will be able to:
- Identify specifications related to the inspection, repair, and adjustment of automotive systems.
- Identify various test equipment to diagnose and repair defects.
- Describe the design, operation, diagnosis and repair procedures of the braking system.
- Describe the theory operation, and service of steering and suspension systems found on automobiles and light trucks.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of electricity and how it applies to the automobile.