The goal of this short-term training program in medical assisting is to prepare students for entry-level positions as Medical Assistants.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to function as a member of a diversified health care team.
- Define the scope of practice and general responsibilities of a Medical Assistant.
- Perform administrative office procedures with accuracy and proficiency.
- Perform clinical tasks with accuracy under a supervising physician.
- Display a professional manner and image when dealing with healthcare colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate standard safety and emergency practices and procedures.
- Communicate professionally, accurately, and within legal/ethical boundaries.