Associate in Applied Science
Pastry and Baking Arts
This A.A.S. Degree in Pastry and Baking Arts provides comprehensive theory and practical preparation for students seeking entry-level baking and pastry positions in fine dining establishments, bakeries, or pastry shops. The core courses are designed to prepare students for positions as pastry chefs and bakers. Students will be able to continuously progress to more advanced pastry and baking skills and techniques as they prepare for entry level career positions in the hospitality industry.
Graduates will be able to:
- Perform basic technical skills required for industry employability.
- Exhibit professional demeanor, behavior, attitudes, and ethical standards in the classroom and in a professional kitchen.
- Analyze food costs and execute basic food ordering and kitchen management tasks.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills in advanced pastry baking by producing in quantity while maintaining quality.
- Successfully complete a Pastry and Baking Externship.
- Perform Safety and Sanitation as outlined in ServSafe® by the National Restaurant Association.