Associate in Arts
- Studio Arts
The Studio Arts Option program is for students who plan to pursue a B.A. or B.F.A. at a four-year college. It provides students with a solid foundation in the visual arts through courses that develop a broad range of knowledge, skills, and competencies essential for advanced study.
Graduates will be able to:
- Uses basic materials, tools, and techniques in drawing, design, and color theory.
- Understands visual forms and principles of design, as well as their aesthetic functions and applications.
- Synthesize the use of basic tools, techniques, and creative and critical processes in their own work, from concept to finished product.
- Analyze works of art verbally and in writing based on an understanding of the visual analysis process.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the principal artists and artworks of the major movements and historical periods, as well as of non-Western cultures.
General Education: In addition to the program-specific outcomes listed above, students completing the Associate degree programs are required to demonstrate proficiency in the General Education learning outcomes. Specific outcomes may vary by program; please refer to the program requirements below.