Mental Health Specialist
The Mental Health Specialist Certificate provides the student with the knowledge and skills to effectively work in a mental health agency. Students will be introduced to assessment, recordkeeping, and counseling skills necessary to work in the field of mental health.
Upon completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Apply the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom to client contact within a social services setting.
- Perform professionally, legally, and ethically, displaying cultural competence, according to the Ethical Standards for Human Services professionals.
- Establish rapport with individuals with mental health disorders.
- Demonstrate ability to counsel clients with mental health disorders.
- Critically review literature on mental health disorders.