Associate in Applied Science
This Degree is designed to provide recognition for work experience while assisting individuals in their preparation for career advancement. This program is designed to provide skills for personal, professional, and community improvement. The program is highly individualized and flexible. As many as 16 credits may be awarded for work experience including military experience, trade/proprietary school preparation, apprenticeship programs, and structured on-the-job training after appropriate evaluation. The Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies program is designed for graduates to seek employment directly.
Graduates will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge and skills from the sciences and liberal arts into technical studies.
- Develop an educational plan designed to accomplish a personal/ professional goal.
- Communicate effectively in interpersonal and occupational activities.\
- Perform advanced technical skills.
- Demonstrate the comprehensive mathematical, scientific, physical, social, and psychological skills necessary for personal career growth.
- Present technical information in oral, written, and graphical form.