Associate in Science
This degree is designed to prepare graduates to transfer to public health and related programs at the bachelor's degree level in the health field. This includes public health generalist, health education, health navigator, and environmental health programs.
Graduates will be able to:
- Summarize the history and philosophy of public health.
- Recognize the core values, concepts, and function of public health in society.
- Apply the basic concepts ,methods, and tools of public health data collection.
- Identify the socio-economic, economic and cultural factors that impact human health and contribute to health disparities.
- Use basic concepts from legal, ethical, economic, and scientific disciplines in public health practices.
- Discuss collaborative strategies for improving population health.
- Identify the essentials of public health by engaging with public health professionals.