Certificate of Achievement
This program provides entry-level skills and knowledge for students preparing to enter the plumbing industry as an apprentice to become a master plumber. It is offered in partnership with Passaic County Technical Institute. Instruction includes the basic skills to assist with the installation and repairs of residential and light commercial plumbing systems. Course work includes sketching diagrams, interpretation of blueprints and practices in plumbing assembly. Students will gain knowledge of State and National Plumbing Codes and requirements.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate accepted safety standards.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, and codes as they apply to residential and commercial plumbing.
- Identify appropriate piping materials for various systems and installations.
- Demonstrate installations for residential and commercial plumbing systems.
- Identify the basic principles of the State and National Plumbing Codes as applied in each installation.