Associate in Science
- Physical Science
This option is for those students who seek a foundation in chemistry, physics and mathematics and who plan to transfer to a four-year institution. The curriculum is designed to provide a solid academic foundation for students who plan to attend a wide range of programs including chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, physics, astrophysics, meteorology, astronomy, and geology.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic laws and theories of chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics.
- Apply physical and chemical concepts to analyze and/or solve problems.
- Apply appropriate basic concepts and formulas to perform basic calculations.
- Perform scientific investigations utilizing laboratory equipment and instruments in a safe and effective manner.
- Write laboratory reports utilizing scientific terminology.
- Conduct an experiment that follows scientifically ethical procedures and maintains data integrity.