Associate in Applied Science
Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree in Music Technology, a sixty-five (65) credit degree program designed to integrate music theory and performance with a comprehensive array of technical and business skills.
Graduates will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of music theory, including note reading, scale and chord construction, the principles of voice leading and composition, and rhythmic patterns.
- Develop proficient piano keyboard skills.
- Understand the fundamentals of the music business, including copyright and contract law, artist management, and marketing strategies.
- Create original musical compositions and record those compositions using MIDI sequencing software, a Macintosh computer and Windows-based PC and MIDI synthesizer keyboard.
- Demonstrate entry-level professional competence as sound technician.
- Assemble sound reinforcement equipment.