Associate in Science
This program is an interdisciplinary program which combines courses from Information Technology, Health Information Technology, and Biology. It is the study of how health data is collected, stored and communicated, how data is used for administration and clinical decision making and how computers and telecommunications can be applied to support those processes. Students completing this program can expect to work doing computer support in the medical field. Students can find careers in Medical Records, Tele-monitoring, CT-MRI & PET scan data analysis, Medical Sensors, and other specializations. This AS degree is intended for transfer to NJIT’s Medical Informatics program.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of network media, topologies, security, and devices to solve healthcare problems across diverse settings.
- Use theories and methods of information sciences for the generation, management and sharing of biomedical data, information and knowledge.
- Employ processes and techniques of information systems development in biomedical and healthcare administration.
- Apply confidentiality, privacy and security measures and policies and procedures for internal and external use and exchange to protect electronic health information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts and principles in medicine/health/biosciences/ and health system organization.