Associate in Arts
- Generalist-Humanities Option
This Degree is designed for a well-rounded l beral arts education flexible enough to allow concentrations in a particular field of interest, or to explore new interests through electives. The Associate in Arts degree in Liberal Arts offers students program options in Humanities, Communication, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood, English, Psychology, and Sociology.
This Degree prepares students who want to major in history, economics, philosophy, political science, and religion, and who plan to transfer to four-year colleges. It is ideal for those planning to enter pre-law or pre-med.
Graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in both speech and writing, using information resources and supporting technology.
- Use scientific methods to analyze concepts in the natural and social sciences.
- Apply mathematical methods and tools to solve quantifiable problems.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by evaluating concepts from across various disciplines.
In addition to the program-specific outcomes listed above, students completing the Associate degree programs are required to demonstrate proficiency in the General Education learning outcomes. Specific outcomes may vary by program; please refer to the program requirements below.