Associate in Science
This program will provide students with a broad view of homeland security issues and is designed to examine threats to the U.S. homeland with insight into the implications for maintaining homeland security. The students will examine this new concept for America: defending the United States from those who seek to attack it while protecting the rights of the population, which were guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution. Courses cover law enforcement, counter-terrorism, emergency management and forensic science.
Graduates will be able to:
- Explain “Religious Fundamentalism.”
- Identify the group of people targeted for recruiting by Extremist Groups.
- Explain how Global Jihad threatens the West.
- Explain the difference between military tribunals and trials in criminal courts.
- Explain how cyber terrorism threatens the United States.