Associate in Science
This Degree is intended for allied health paraprofessionals who seek transfer to a four-year institution or career advancement. The program provides students with a foundation in general education and prepares them for upward mobility. The program does not confer eligibility for advanced standing to advanced licensure in any health science field.
Graduates will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge and skills from the science and liberal arts into healthcare.
- Describe the evidence on racial/ethics disparities in healthcare and healthcare use in the United States.
- Apply ethical principles and rules to selected ethical problems in healthcare.
- Communicate effectively with consumers, providers, employees and other healthcare professionals from diverse backgrounds.
- Access information from appropriate sources relevant to contemporary healthcare issues.
- Documentation of a license or certification in a health science, hospital-based or accredited post-secondary program.
- Official transcripts from the appropriate learning institution.
- Acceptance into the program by the department chair.
Transferred Credits and Waiver Stipulations
- Transfer students with advanced standing must earn a minimum of thirty-two (32) Passaic County College credits to be awarded towards a degree. These credits are in addition to the awarded credits for previous training.
- A maximum of twenty-four (24) credits may be awarded to students for holding a professional license or certification based on evaluation of the prior program contact hours as indicated below:
Between 100 and 199 contact hours may earn 6 college credits
Between 200 and 299 contact hours may earn 12 college credits
Between 300 and 399 contact hours may earn 18 college credits
Between 400 and 499 contact hours may earn 20 college credits
Over 500 contact hours may earn 24 credits
3. The number of awarded credits will be determined by the department chair.