Associate in Applied Science
Fire Science Technology
This Degree is for those students seeking positions as fire protection and prevention specialists, municipal public safety officers, arson investigators, industrial safety inspectors, or fire insurance and fire suppression system salespersons. This degree is also intended for those who seek advancement within their careers in the fire service.
Graduates will be able to:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a fire and emergency services organization.
- Ability to explain the physical and chemical properties of fire behavior, smoke movement, and fire progression within a respective building type.
- Identify the safety factors associated with providing fire and emergency services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of fire and emergency services management in the firehouse, during training, and at emergency incidents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the resources utilized for fire suppression and emergency incident mitigation.