Associate in Science
- Exercise Science
This option is designed to promote job placement and career advancement in the field of exercise. The program will enable students to begin work in the field and advance academically and professionally as Fitness Specialists. As graduates with an A.S. degree, they will be able to work in a broad spectrum of Fitness Specialist and Wellness Coordinator positions. The A.S. degree program is also keyed to promote academic advancement into baccalaureate programs, either into advanced practice programs or into new career paths.
- Integrate knowledge and skills from the sciences, liberal arts, and exercise science into Fitness/Wellness care.
- Design a healthy lifestyle program for the average adult based on ethical decision-making and sensitivity to unique cultural considerations.
- Instruct clients in a variety of fitness and recreational activities.
- Assist in the making of services in health and fitness facilities.
- Communicate effectively with consumers, providers, employees, and other allied health professionals from diverse backgrounds.