Associate in Arts
This Option is intended for those students who want to gain skills and knowledge in journalism and plan to pursue a B.A. in Communications, English, or Journalism and enter entry-level careers in news reporting and feature writing.
Graduates will be able to:
- Gather news and evaluate the credibility of news sources.
- Perform basic interviewing techniques.
- Follow a journalistic writing style, such as AP, to write impact-driven, concise and precise stories in a variety of formats, such as the Wall Street Journal Method, features, editorials, and reviews.
- Synthesize sources to create unbiased news articles and well-argued critiques and editorials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what constitutes good, fair and unbiased journalism and determine when these standards are being violated.