Associate in Arts
Graduates will be able to:
- Describe the social, political, and historical contexts of literature.
- Apply the skill of close reading to a variety of texts.
- Respond to literary styles, techniques, and genres.
- Exercise effective writing and research skills.
- Apply critical thinking skills in analysis and evaluation of literature.
In addition to the program-specific outcomes listed above, students completing the Associate degree programs are required to demonstrate proficiency in the General Education learning outcomes. Specific outcomes may vary by program; please refer to the program requirements below.