The Video Production Career Certificate is designed to provide students with a basic knowledge of the video production process including the pre-production, production and post-production phases. Students will learn basic scripting, camera, lighting, directing and editing techniques. Students will also learn how to distribute their content to traditional and new media platforms. Upon completion, students can utilize the skills and knowledge obtained in this career certificate program for entrylevel work in the field of digital video production. Typical entry-level positions could include production intern, production assistant, assistant to a producer or director and independent producer. Students can apply this certificate toward our sixty (60) credit A.A.S. degree in Digital Media Production and Distribution.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply the preproduction process, including the planning, scripting and storyboarding of digital video productions.
- Demonstrate basic skills in the video production process, including camera and lighting techniques as it pertains to studio and field production.
- Perform basic tasks in digital video postproduction process, including the editing of digital video projects and creating and utilizing of graphics in the process.
- Display a basic knowledge in audio production, editing and enhancement.
- Utilize basic techniques in website design to create distribution channels for video content.