This Certificate in Baking is designed to provide students with a foundational skill set relevant for employment opportunities in
the baking and pastry segment of the foodservice and hospitality industries. Courses in this certificate program will focus on
preparing students to work in bakeries, bread houses and restaurants, and provide an avenue of entry for students who wish to continue developing their skills in the A.A.S. Degree in Culinary Arts.
Graduates will be able to:
- Successfully complete basic technical baking skills required for industry employability.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor, behavior and attitudes in the classroom and in a professional kitchen.
- Analyze food costs and execute basic food ordering and kitchen management tasks.
- Apply theoretical knowledge in a simulated restaurant situation.
- Perform both front of house (service) functions and back of house (kitchen) tasks.
- Successfully complete a baking internship at a restaurant, bakery or café.