This Certificate is intended for those students who wish to enter the food industry as an entry level cook or chef, or enter a new career path in the culinary arts.
Upon completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Perform basic cooking technical skills required for industry employability.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor, behavior and attitudes in the classroom and in a professional kitchen.
- Analyze food costs and execute basic food ordering and kitchen management tasks.
- Apply theoretical knowledge in a simulated restaurant situation, and demonstrate an understanding of both front of house (service) issues and back of house (kitchen) tasks.
- Successfully complete a culinary internship at a restaurant or café.