Associate in Applied Science
This program is for those seeking careers in law enforcement, the administration of justice, or in private security. This program provides in-service criminal justice professionals an opportunity to advance their careers by attaining a college credential. Students seeking transfer into a baccalaureate program in a four-year college should consider the Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Degree. NOTE: Not all classes are offered on all campuses, but all are available online.
Graduates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of recruitment, selection and training of police officers.
- Explain how the Exclusionary Rule impacts police searches and seizures.
- Examine how racial profiling and other types of biased policing effects the legitimacy of law enforcement.
- Examine the operations of a police agency in order to conduct an ethical study of that institution.
- Describe the fundamental principles of management employed by criminal justice agencies.