Certificate of Achievement
Graphic Design and Digital Media
This multidisciplinary certificate program prepares the student to apply the principles and elements of design to create original graphic design work in digital media and web design. Students will create digital works using cutting-edge software, such as the Adobe Suite, including Dreamweaver, Animate (formerly Flash), Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Students receive training in a wide range of activities including typography, publication design, and computer-aided graphic design. Students will develop skills in clear and effective visual communication. Presentation of information (i.e., selection of colors, paper, and media) is also emphasized.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply graphic design concepts to produce original digital works.
- Utilize typography to design materials.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate color selection for print and non-print media.
- Utilize website development tools to create and implement a website.
- Demonstrate entry level skills in application software relevant to the graphic design field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the graphic design field, including its employment opportunities and future direction.