- Network Administration
This Career Certificate is for those students seeking technical computer training to obtain a position without completing all of the General Education requirements for the Associate Degree.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts and theories of Information Technology (Networking, Security, Databases, Information Literacy).
- Apply various problem-solving and critical-thinking techniques to develop algorithmic solutions.
- Utilize productivity software suitable for use in a professional environment.
- Demonstrate communication skills, professionalism, and ethical behavior as an Information Technology professional in a culturally diverse business environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking technologies including Addressing, Protocol, Services, Monitoring, Name, Resolution, Design, Wireless and Standard.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of implementing networking systems (Networking Operating System (NOS), Physical Devices, Security tools and Troubleshooting Hardware/Software.
- Demonstrate skills required to manage Network Resources including User Accounts, policies, permission WORKGROUP, Domain elements, Security and recovery.