Withdrawal from the College

Students withdrawing from the College (all of their current courses) must see an advisor, student development specialist or pathway coordinator to complete the withdrawal form and confer with their counselors. The approved Withdrawal from College form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.

After the second week of the 15-week semester (first week of compressed terms), a grade of “W” is recorded on the students’ academic records. Students withdrawing from all courses who are receiving financial aid are required to see a financial aid officer in addition to their counselors.  It is important to refer to the Academic Calendar for important deadlines for withdrawal.

Students who withdraw from all their courses have their tuition refunded according to the refund policy. Financial aid students who withdraw officially from the College have their aid awards adjusted according to the schedule. See Return of Title IV Funds policy.

After the twelfth week of the 15-week semester (sixth week of Express and Summer terms), withdrawals from the College are approved only for extraordinary circumstances and only with the approval of the Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs or designee.

The official date of withdrawal is recorded as the date the Registrar’s Office receives the approved withdrawal form.