Student Status

Matriculated.  Those seeking admission to study toward an associate degree or certificate program should:

  1. Have an official high school transcript or high school equivalency test results (GED, HiSET, TASC) sent to the Office of Admissions. Students who have completed secondary school outside of the United States should submit educational credentials indicating the completion of secondary school. Contact the Office of Admissions for detailed instructions.
  2. Meet the college's placement requirements.
    • Testing appointments are scheduled after the College receives the completed application.
    • Test results are used for placement purposes only. They do not affect admission.
  3. Meet the specific admission criteria for the particular program, if any.

Matriculated undeclared students will be allowed to accumulate a maximum of twenty-four (24) college credits before declaring an academic program.

Non-Matriculated. By definition, non-matriculated students are not admitted to any particular program and are not eligible for financial aid. However, all college-level courses are available to non-matriculants, provided they have met the appropriate prerequisites, including placement testing, and provided the course is not limited to students enrolled in a specific degree program.

All students are encouraged to make an early program selection and to seek matriculated status.