PCCC College Logo



How to Apply

All new students, whether planning to take one course or a full-time program, must complete an Application for Admission. Students can apply online. Students can also obtain an application by calling, writing to, or stopping by the Office of Admissions, Passaic County Community College, One College Boulevard, Paterson, New Jersey 07505-1179, 973-684-6868. An application can also be obtained at the Passaic Academic Center, the Wanaque Academic Center, and the PCCC Public Safety Academy. Applications must be filled out completely and returned to the Office of Admissions.

To provide ample opportunity for processing, placement testing and program selection, students are encouraged to apply at least one month before the semester begins. Although we do accept applications during the in-person registration period, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.

Applicants are responsible for having official high school transcripts, high school equivalency test results (GED, HiSET, TASC) General Education Diploma (GED) scores, immunization records, and college transcripts sent to PCCC. If schooling was completed outside the United States, transcripts for university-level course work must be evaluated by an independent credential evaluation service such as World Education Services, Educational Credentials Evaluators, Globe Language Services or Josef Silny & Associates. An official copy of the evaluation should be sent directly to the PCCC Office of Admissions. If transcripts are not in English, official translations need to accompany the documents. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Students are notified by mail of their acceptance to the College. Acceptance to the College does not guarantee or imply acceptance into the following programs: ASL-English Interpreter Training Program, Health Information Technology, Nurse Education, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, or Radiography. Applicants interested in these programs must contact the Office of Admissions to obtain specific entrance requirements or to see special admission requirements.