Special Admissions Programs
Radiography A.A.S. Degree Programs
Admission Requirements. The Radiography Program is a two Phase program. It is advisable to take the General Education required courses first. Students do not have to complete all of Phase 1 to apply to Phase 2. April 1 is the application deadline for Phase 2.
Phase 1 – General Education
- Apply to PCCC and meet Passaic County Community College’s admission criteria.
- Achieve college level placement in English, Reading and Math or complete required remediation.
- Students must complete all program General Education requirements.
Phase 2 – Core/Clinical Component
- Apply to Phase 2 with the Radiography Program by April 1
- Interview with program director and/or members of the Admissions Committee.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Drug screen and other documentation, as may be required by placement site.
These are the minimum standards. Because each year there are more applicants than seats available, the College has developed an Admissions Ranking Criteria. Points are given based on General Education courses completed and grade point average. Most students spend 1-2 years taking basic skills or ELS courses and General Education courses before acceptance to the program. Additionally, students who complete their general education first are more successful with the demanding Radiography core curriculum and clinical requirements.
After admission to Phase 2, the Radiography curriculum is a 2 year day program that includes two 10 week summer sessions. Every semester of Phase 2 includes a clinical component.
Course Withdrawal Restrictions in Specific Programs
Radiography students may repeat, with permission from the Program Director, only one Radiography course due to either withdrawal or grade of “F”. A student may only be enrolled in the Radiography Program two (2) times.
Requirements for Clinical Experience
Once accepted into the Radiography Program and prior to participation in clinical courses, the following are required:
- Submit a completed health form signed by a physician or nurse practitioner.
- Submit verification of a current certification in American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR.
- Submit evidence of health insurance coverage.
- Complete a criminal background check. Only students with a CLEAR background report are eligible to participate in clinical. If the background check is NOT CLEAR, the student must withdraw from the program. Background checks are required annually while the student is in the program, and if the report is NOT CLEAR at any time during the student’s enrollment in the program, the student will not be permitted to continue in the program. Additional requirements such as drug testing, fingerprinting, or other requirements may be required by specific clinical agencies, and students must comply with these policies to participate in clinical experiences.
Click here for information regarding the COURSE WITHDRAWAL RESTRICTIONS in SPECIFIC PROGRAMS policy.
For more detailed information regarding the Radiography Program, please visit pccc.edu/prospective/academics/academic-departments/radiography