Special Admissions Programs
Health Information Management A.A.S Degree Program
Prior to enrolling in HIT 109 Health Record Management, students must meet the following requirements:
- Meet Passaic County Community College’s admission criteria.
- Achieve college-level placement in English, reading, and mathematics.
- Achieve a “C” or higher in: (a) BS 103 Anatomy & Physiology I, (b) EN 101 English Composition I, and (c) HIT 101 Healthcare Organization.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.8.
Requirements for Professional Practice
Prior to participation in Professional Practice Experience (PPE) courses, the following are required:
- Submit a health form signed by a physician or nurse practitioner completed within one (1) year
of the PPE.
- Submit evidence of health insurance coverage.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check. Only students with a CLEAR background.
report are eligible to participate in PPE. If the background check is NOT CLEAR, the student must withdraw from the program.
- Other documentation, as may be required by placement site.
Click here for information regarding the COURSE WITHDRAWAL RESTRICTIONS in SPECIFIC PROGRAMS policy.
Click here to link to the Health Information Management A.A.S. Degree.