Allied Health Courses
Certified Phlebotomy Technician Course
This course prepares students to work as Certified Phlebotomy Technicians (CPT), a rapidly growing occupation. The need for qualified Phlebotomy Technicians continues to rise at hospitals, laboratories and blood donor centers. Earning a CPT will help launch a successful and meaningful career.
Students who successfully complete the course will be eligible to take the Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) national certification exam. Students who pass the exam are granted the title of Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) and perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Draw blood from patients and blood donors
- Evaluate patients’ ability to withstand procedure
- Explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels
- Prepare blood, urine and other specimens for testing
- Verify patient/donor identity
- Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes and blood vials
ITA funding may be available for qualified candidates.
Phlebotomy Technician Tentative Course Schedule:
Start Date: 03/18/2019
End Date: 04/26/2019
Days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
Hours: Mon (9:00am-2:00pm), Tues, Thu & Fri (2:00pm – 7:00pm)
CPT Exam Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 (Tentative)
Self-pay students must contact the Continuing Education Department at 973.684.6153 or stop by room M341 (Memorial Hall - Paterson campus).
If you are interested in applying for ITA funding, please contact the Passaic County One Stop Career Center at 973 742-9226 x7200 (Set up an appointment to attend their "Welcome Session" to see if you qualify for funding).
Documents & Forms
Allied Health Info Session