Certificate of Achievement
Hospital Coding Specialist
This Hospital Coding Specialist Certificate of Achievement program prepares students for the advanced coding competencies necessary to earn an advanced professional coding credential and succeed with hospital pre-employment coding evaluations.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply diagnosis and procedure codes according to current guidelines for hospital (acute care) inpatient and outpatient services.
- Interpret documentation in the health record.
- Comply with regulatory guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Assess the quality of coded data.
- Comply with ethical standards of practice.