Allied Health Courses
Certified Phlebotomy Technician Course
This course prepares students to work as Certified Phlebotomy Technicians (CPT), a rapidly growing occupation. The need for qualified Phlebotomy Technicians continues to rise at hospitals, laboratories and blood donor centers. Earning a CPT will help launch a successful and meaningful career. Students will also receive assistance with career planning and job readiness skills to further enhance their marketability.
Students who successfully complete the course will be eligible to take the Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) national certification exam. Students who pass the exam are granted the title of Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) and perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Draw blood from patients and blood donors
- Evaluate patients’ ability to withstand procedure
- Explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels
- Prepare blood, urine and other specimens for testing
- Verify patient/donor identity
- Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes and blood vials
Tentative Course Schedule:
Start Date: Monday, June 18, 2018
End Date: Thursday, July 26, 2018 *Class may end earlier, depending on time off during the week of July 4th.
Days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
Hours: 8:00am – 1:00pm
8:00am – 12:00pm – EKG Instruction
12:00pm – 1:00pm – Career Planning/Job Readiness
CPT Exam: Thursday, August 2, 2018
Classes will be held on the Paterson campus of Passaic County Community College.
A201, HPC Allied Health Lab